We always advise our customers that our decision to cancel any tour is based on safety as that has to be our priority. We follow various maritime websites as well as the Thai Meterological Department. If the TMD issue a weather warning, then we follow it. The same as in any other country in the world, if you ignore this warning then you are risking your customer's safety and your insurance will be invalidated.
Often we hear comments like "what if we go to a different location to dive", "we had a dive booked with another dive centre and they have cancelled our tour - can we go with you instead", "a snorkel company went out today, so why didn't we". Sometimes, even once explanations are given we still do have customers desperately pleading with us!
We really understand a cancelled tour can be disappointing for you but hopefully knowing your safety and enjoyment is our priority gives you some perspective. No company wants to turn down business and if we could take you diving and snorkeling we would!! We are being only honest with you and letting you know about conditions that are completely outside of anyone's control. Not being honest with you or indeed not telling you what to expect only leads to upset, frustration and lack of enjoyment. There will always be another company who wants to take the risk and is only concerned about money and not your safety - but that is not The Dive Academy, which is why we have a 100% safety record and many happy customers!